May 14, 2009
We had only 1 bridesmaid/MoH and 1 groomsman/BM, after a bunch of drama with my other 2 girls. It was the BEST thing! No drama and much cheaper ;)
I can't wait to see him waiting at the end of the aisle...
We bought a Versini 1-button tux at Mens Warehouse, on sale for $150.
The start of the fun...
Our rehearsal dinner was in my parents' backyard, and FI's parents grilled. We had a backyard salmon and tri-tip cookout! Casual and fun! For favors, FMIL made wine glass charms for each person's glass. We also had beer, XS, bottled water... grilled asparagus!
My rehearsal dress:
<--JC Penney, half off..$35
Classic Rat Pack during dinner baby!
During dinner, we had Dean, Frank, and Sammy:
- Just in Time, Dean Martin
- Sway, Dean Martin
- That's Amore, Dean Martin
- Gentle on my Mind, Dean Martin
- I've Got You Under My Skin, Frank Sinatra
- Fly Me to the Moon, Frank Sinatra
- Come Fly with Me, Frank Sinatra
- The Way You Look Tonight, Frank Sinatra
- Mr Bojangles, Sammy Davis Jr.
- That Old Black Magic, Sammy Davis Jr.
- The Birth of the Blues, Sammy Davis Jr.
For the dancing:
- First Dance - "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton
- Garter- Top Gun "Danger Zone"
- Anniversay Dance-"unchained melody" and "soul mate" by Josh Turner
- Cake cutting- "Sugar Sugar", Archies
- Grand entrance- supposed to be "He's a Pirate" from POTC, but DJ played wrong song
Must play list:
- "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong
- "Still the One" Shania Twain
- "Lost in this moment" Big & Rich
- "Soul Mate" Josh Turner
- "In the Mood" Glen Miller
- "Low" Flo-rida and T-Pain (later in the night)
- "Party Starter" Wil Smith (later in the night)
- "Electric Slide"
- "Amazed" Lonestar
- "Old Time Rock n Roll" Bob Seger
- "Man I feel like a woman" Shania Twain
- Rat pack songs.. oldies...
- "I Melt" Rascal Flatts
- "Sweet Home Alabama" Lynard Skynyrd
- "Let's get it started" Black Eyed Peas
- "Under Pressure" Queen
- "Life is a highway" Rascal Flatts
- "Pump it" black eyed peas
http://www.danceforceent.com/songlist.html has tons of songs.
Our DJ did our uplighting for free.. So we got 2 uplights for either side of the sweetheart table, in pink.
This was the look we were going for:
(you can see the pink lights on the wall.. they were the perfect addition to the atmosphere during the whole thing!)