Jul 24, 2009
My other total labor of love (besides the invitiations!) but not as time consuming, thank goodness :)
- Purple cardstock
- White paper
- Monograms on linen cardstock
- Purple ribbon
- Heart hold punch
- First, I took forever designing the inside of the invites. I included a cover page, quote (from the princess bride - saw this idea on PW and loved it!), About Us, In Memory, Participants, Ceremony and the text from one of the readings (I Carry Your Heart by e.e. cummings). I aboslutely stole the "About Us" part of the program from someone on PW and I can't remember who! If it was you, please tell me so I can give you credit ;-)
- I layed the text out, making sure to adjust the margins. This took some trial and error. Since it was a landscape layout and I used 2 columns, I had to make the margin in the middle twice as large as the margins on each side because it would be folded down the middle - make sense?
- Copied the paper and folded like a book.
- Trim the egdes of each just a bit so it wouldn't hang out when inserted into the cardstock (yes, I'm that anal).
- Inserted the paper into the cardstock.
- Glued the monogram on the front
- Punched 2 small heart holes (I could have used anything I guess, but I had the heart one already and didn't feel like buying something else!).
- Cut two pieces of ribbon, about 3 inches long. Tied in a double knot and trimmed the edges. Voila!!
I really love the way they came out. Assembling them took about 2 hours for 75 programs.
Here is a list of our vendors in no particular order!
- Church: St. Thomas Church in Delmar, NY
- Reception: The State Room Banquet Hall, Albany
- Hotel: The Crowne Plaza
- Bridal Boutique: DeAnna's Country Shoppe in West Sand Lake (HIGHLY recommended!)
- Hair and Makeup: The fabulous ladies of LK's Salon, Rotterdam, NY
- Flowers: Ambiance, Albany
- DJ: Paul Malo, Clifton Park
- Limo: Today's Limo, Albany
- Photography: Keira Lemonis
- B-Pics: Lillie Studios (Luke Walker)
My amazing SIL and BIL got these for FI and I at our engagement party. I love the detail on the flute stems and the handles!
I created some out of town brochures FREE through Vista Print! (I'm not totally sure we're actually doing OOT bags yet, but it's on the list and I was placing a Vistaprint order anyways, so it seemed silly to pay the extra shipping/handling again) On it we have..
-A welcome note
-Directions to the church and the reception
-The wedding party
-Things to do in Albany
-Phone numbers (Airport, Taxi, Church and both of our Mom's in case of emergency)
The beautiful cake topper I am sharing with 4 other PW brides!!