Jun 12, 2010
I finally got some pictures of my bach'ette party. These are too funny!
DH finally booked our honeymoon! Unfortunately, due to his job we could not take a honeymoon after the wedding. I was so sad and upset. It seems like a lot of couple (that I know) choose to wait to go on the HM and then life catches up with them and they never make time for it.
So you can image how over the moon I am that we are spending 7 nights in St. Lucia at the Sandals Regency La Toc.
Thanks to LuckysBridefor all of her help! This is the same resort she stayed at for her HM. DH and I really appreciate you taking time to answer all of our questions.
We are staying in the two-story Villa Suite. We have our own plunge pool on the lower floor. We also get 24-hour room service, a butler and a private car transfer to and from the airport. DH also booked a zip line tour for us. I can't wait!!!!
- Sign up for electric coupons from Michaels, AC Moore, Hobby Lobby, Jo Ann’s.
- Check out Etsy, 1000 Markets, Art Fire, Madeitmyself, Coriandr (UK site), Folksy (UK site) for unique handmade items. If you don't find what you are looking for, place an Alchemy request on Etsy and let the vendors come to you.
- If you want to do a guest sign in book out of your engagement pictures, sign up at Mixbook, Shutterfly, etc to recieve their coupons. A lot of times you can get free books from them.
- If you need a lot of unscented candles, check out Yummi Candles. They often mark down there white candles and you can get them at half price.
- Before you buy anything on-line, always search for coupons, promotional codes, etc for the website you are going to buy from. Every dollar counts!
- Check out Vista Print. You can get a ton of free stuff from them; pens, note pads, invitations, cards, magnets, banners and more. Just watch the emails they send out (almost daily) with the specials.
- Pack your bags a few days in advance instead of 10 min before you need to leave. (this is what I did - oops)
- If you have boxes that need to go to the venue, I labeled the outside of each one and then had a spreadsheet on my computer (and printed) of what each box contained. As I was packing items, if I remembered something that I needed to grab from another room or do, I would put it down and highlight it for later.
- Write your Thank You cards and have your tip money ready to go before your wedding day.
- Make sure you vendor list is up to date with all emails/phone numbers/ etc
- Get a printed list of everyone's phone numbers just in case you need someone else to call someone in your wedding party.
- Confirm all of your vendors
- Photog "must take list"
- If you are getting ready in a different spot than your wedding, you might want to take a program with you in case your photog wants to take some pictures of it before the ceremony.
- The one thing I REALLY wish I would have done - once I was dressed and ready to walk out the door for my first look - I wish I would have stepped aside and spent a few minutes by myself. Just to gather my thoughts and get a really good look at myself. But I like to give myself mini "prep talks" so this might just be me.
- And lastly, you will not believe how fast the day goes by. Don't stress. Things will go wrong. Just ride the wave, smile A LOT, and have fun!
- Social Security Administration
- Department of Motor Vehicles - Driver's license
- Voter registration
- Vehicle Registration
- U.S. Passport Agency U.S.
- Post Office
- State and Federal Tax Form
- New email address
- New name plaque
- New business cards
- Update phone system
- Set up "out of office" to let people know your email address has changed
401k / Retirement plans
- IRA's, Stocks, etc.
- Credit card companies
- Bank accounts / names on checkbook
- Doctor, dentist, eye dr.,
- heath-care Health, life, auto, and home insurance policies
- Clubs Memberships Discount, courtesy, and frequent-flyer cards
- Utility companies (phone, cable, gas, electric, etc.)
- Legal Contracts
- Update beneficiary information to DH
- Work 401K
- Edward Jones
- Get a Will!