Apr 16, 2016
We're going fairly standard with the groomsmen's suits. Plain black with a white shirt and black vest/tie combination. Also, going with Converse here as well.
Our budget is set loosely around 12-15k. I'm trying ever so hard to keep it in that area, but vendors are expensive!
Here I'll try to keep track of spending.
- Venue: $1,773.75
- Catering: $5,111.36
- Open Bar: $1,500.00
- Photography: $1,800.00
- Attire (Bride): $??
- Flowers: $805.43
- Decor: $800.00
- Stationary: $200.00
- Linens: $153.80
- Ceremony Music: FREE (gift)
- DJ: FREE (gift)
We had orginally planned on having a seated dinner, but sadly it was out of our budget. Since then we have kick around different ideas and decided on a cocktail/heavy hors d'oeuvres reception. We think it works better with our theme as well. Like eating swanky comfort foods backstage! We have a large selection, so hopefully, everyone should get their fill.
~Beverages, Available Upon Guest Arrival~
Water with Citrus Slices
Fresh Brewed Iced Tea with Lemon Wedges, Sugars, and Fresh Mint
Classic Lemonade with Lime Wedges
~Hors D'oeuvres, Cocktail Hour~
Alligator Hushpuppies with Seven Pepper Jelly
Fresh Crisp Crudite Shots with Buttermilk Herb and Toasted Curry Dips
Seasonal Melons and Berries with Brandy Cream Cheese and Chocolate Fondue
~Cocktail Stations, Reception Start~
Salad, To Be Passed in Martini Glasses Classic Caesar Salad with Warm Pumpernickel Croutons and Fresh Parmesan
Kobe Beef Burgers
Aged Cheddar Cheese, Caramelized Onions, and Fried Pickles
Crunchy Cole Slaw
Yukon Gold and Sweet Potato French Fries with Seasoned Salt and Ketchup
~Grilled Flatbread Pizza Station~
Heirloom Tomato, Artichoke Heart, and Portobello Mushroom
Sausage and Peppers
Garlic Cheese Grits
Shrimp and Yellow Tomato Grillades
Spinach with Caramelized Onions, Mushrooms, and Garlic
Aged Cheddar, Smoked Gouda, and Crumbled Blue Cheese
Fire Roasted Red and Yellow Tomato Soup with Gourmet Grilled Cheeses
Seafood Gumbo with Wild Rice and Jalapeno Corn Muffins
12 or More Months Before
- Determine potential dates and times for your wedding. April 20, 2013 6pm
- Decide on the size, formality and setting of your wedding. About 100, Formal, Outdoor/Indoor
- Create a wedding and engagement budget. 12k
- Reserve the locations for your wedding and reception. Deposit is PAID!
- Meet with and book your wedding officiant or clergy.
- Choose your wedding party and confirm the participants.
- Choose your wedding rings.
- Draw up an initial guest list. Done!
9–12 Months Before
- Order your wedding dress and attendants’ attire. Attendant's dresses has arrived!
- Book your photographer and videographer. Deposit is paid!
- Reserve a caterer. Deposit is paid!
- Arrange for decor, chair covers and linens.
- Book your DJ. Booked and Paid!
- Reserve your florist. Done! I'm doing the flowers.
- Order your wedding cake.
- Reserve any rental items from the rental company.
- Register your gift choices at your favorite stores. Registery created on Honeyfund!
- Research accommodation for out-of-town guests.
- Plan your honeymoon.
6–9 Months Before
- Decide on your menu. Done!
- Reserve the musicians and soloist for your ceremony. Done! Piano/Violin duo.
- Reserve your limousine service.
- Order your invitations and any other stationery.
- Order wedding favors for your guests.
- Choose outfits for mother of the bride and mother of the groom.
- Check marriage licence requirement
- 3–6 Months Before
- Finalize your guest list.
- Choose the reader for your ceremony.
- Finalize your order with the florist.
- Reserve the men’s wedding attire.
- Make an appointment with your hairdresser.
2 Months Before
- Mail the invitations.
- Decide on your wedding vows or compose your own.
- Finalize the reception menus.
- Confirm the wedding details with the musicians and clergy or officiant.
- Have the programs printed.
- Purchase gifts for parents and attendants.
- Make appointments for nails and make-up.
- Schedule final dress fitting.
1 Month Before
- Apply for a marriage licence.
- Plan the rehearsal dinner.
- Meet with photographer and videographer.
2 Weeks Before
- Have a party for the attendants.
- Draft the speeches.
- Finalize reception details.
- Call any guests who have not replied.
- Meet with your hairdresser and make-up artist for consultation.
- Deliver song lists to musicians or playlists to disc jockey.
- Confirm honeymoon reservations.
1 Week Before
- Finalize seating plan.
- Determine the order for the procession.
- Have your rehearsal.
- Confirm accommodation reservations.
- Pick up the attire for the groomsmen.
- Confirm the final numbers with the caterer.
- Confirm details with the limousine company.
- Deliver your marriage licence to the officiant.
- Draw up a seating arrangement for the reception and write out the place cards.
- Choose someone to hand out the bombonieres or wedding favors.
- Choose someone to return any rented items after the wedding.
- Write any cheques required for the wedding day.
- Pack for your honeymoon
On the Day
- Give the wedding bands to the best man.
- Give the best man any cheques that need to be given out that day.
- Present the attendants and parents with their gifts.
- Relax and enjoy your special day!
After the Wedding
- Make a gift list and send out your thank-you notes.
- Send thank-you letters to suppliers and attendants.
- If you are changing your name, you can purchase a kit to make the job easy.
- Arrange for cleaning and preservation of your gown
I wanted to make sure I posted a list of vendors somewhere in my bio. Since I can't write vendor reviews on PW until after the wedding I'll start them here.
STDs: Lostzion Designs link
Invitations: Lostzion Designs link
Venue: 511 Palafox Event Hosting link
Catering: Classic City Catering link
Bar Service: Richey's East Discount Liquors 850.434.0807
Cake: Bay Cakery
Groom's Cake: Bay Cakery
Photography: Alley Kat Photography link
Both of these online stores were excellent!
CV Linens: I ordered satin overlays for my reception tables from CV Linens. They were deeply discounted at 39% off, shipping was less than $10. They arrived in less time than quoted (bonus!). All the tablecloths were accounted for and individually wrapped.
Linentablecloth: Ordered satin tablecloths for the cocktail area tables. They were discounted at 35%, and all orders over $50 (mine was) get free shipping. My package arrived on time and in excellent condition. All the tablecloths were accounted for and individually wrapped.
Dress: Netbride link
I ordered my wedding gown from Netbride.com in early October. The process to order was easy and everything is done online. If you read the simple instructions they walk you through the whole process. After ordering they send you a copy of your order form so that you can double check it before they submit it to the designer. After submitted you are sent a date in hand email. The latest possible day to receive your order. Mine was Feb 6th, 2012. My dress arrived January 20, 2012; 17 days early. Netbride also has a payment plan. You can pay half (I payed more than half) upfront, and the rest will be charged when your dress ships. I found this to be so helpful! My dress is absolutely stunning! It has all the designer tags and has never been worn. I paid less than half what my dress retailed for in the bridal salon!
Bridesmaid Dresses: Netbride link
We did it! We booked the venue! I'm so thrilled. Look at the venue's online calendar.
The Side Lawn:
Ceremony space. We've decided to have the ceremony on the lawn instead of the courtyard. Should have a little more space this way.
This is the cocktail hour space. They've added a bunch of strand lights that reach from the fencing to the tree and it looks amazing when it's all lit up.
This is where I'd like to have the formal aspects of the reception. Main meal, dancing, and general frivolity.
The Bar Area: