Bagpiper Stephen Holter
Stephen was the perfect accent to our special day. He was very easy to get ahold of and his music is beautiful. He started playing about 45 minutes before our ceremony as our guests were arriving. He continued to play for our cocktail hour. Because of rain, our cocktail hour had to be moved inside, but he adjusted well. (You figure a bagpipe is a pretty loud instrument) He is a great way to add something unique to your ceremony and he is well worth the money!!
We hired Stephen just for our ceremony music and he was perfect. He played probably close to an hour before the ceremony even started. Whenever people started showing up he started playing. He is well worth the money and real professional.
We had originally booked with Mr. Holter, but unfortunately, he ended up not being able to perform at our ceremony. However, he quickly found us a replacement and arranged everything for us. Bob Boey piped for our ceremony and it was beautiful! Our guests were so surprised and his music was amazing!
We were absolutely thrilled with the music that Mr. Holter provided during our ceremony. He went above and beyond our expectations and did a fantastic job for us.
* Piping as guests arrive, typically beginning about 20 minutes prior to the service
* Piping the entrance of the groom and groomsmen
* Piping for the mothers and bridesmaids
* Bridal Processional - You may either be lead down the aisle by the piper or not
* Recesional - This is the most requested point for the piper. Once you are presented as a couple for the first time, Stephen would begin piping at the back of the aisle and come up to you, do a slow turn, then lead you both back up the aisle. Upon reaching the back, Stephen would then step to the side and continue piping as the rest of the wedding party recesses. This is a fantastic way to conclude the ceremony.
Stephen may also be reserved to pipe for your reception, either to welcome guests as they arrive, or to pipe your entrance as you are being introduced, then escorted to your place at the head table.
There is no need to be of Scottish or Irish heritage to have the pipes at your wedding. It simply provides a truly unique dimension to your service.
If you have questions about how to incorporate the pipes into your wedding, feel free to ask me. I have extensive experience piping for weddings, both indoors and outdoors, and I am able to work well in both situations.