We worked with 303 Weddings for a variety of services, all of which they did an excellent job with. The food was excellent and the catering & bartending staff were all friendly. The venue was set up exactly how we requested - and our decorations were delicate and complicated, so I really am impressed with the great job they did.
During the planning process I worked mostly with April, who was patient with my questions and went out of her way to accomodate our special requests. The open monthly tastings/ planning meetings are helpful well-organized. All in all, I had a great experience working with 303 Weddings. They helped make my dream wedding become a reality!
Stay away from 303 Weddings. The Miramonte Lodge is a nice venue to look at. However I would not tell my worst rival to use 303 weddings as their coordinator for this venue. My sister got married there in May and it was a mess. Everything for the wedding the day before was still set up when we arrived and we had to remove all the decorations ourselves. They didn't set up enough chairs outside for the guests so there were guests standing through the ceremony. The chicken dish was completely inedible; we could played hockey with it. There were dirty linens, dirty flatware, dirty chair covers, dirty glasses (not just some, many). The floor at the bottom of the stairs was filthy and got my sisters dress dirty before she even walked down the isle. The bartender was drinking our alcohol and arguing with guests over what was available when they could see it behind the bar. He told the DJ that he didn't have time to pour the champagne right in front of several guests and myself (MOH). The coordinator, Susan, arrived 3 hours after the wedding party got there and left at 9pm (we had the venue until midnight). She told no one she was leaving.
The DJ and videographer were great but we later found out that they are not associated with 303 weddings. The videographer apologized to my sister for the way things turned out and said that 303 weddings has been going downhill and this kind of thing is normal for them. When we told Susan of our issues she blew us off and told us that there was nothing she could do about it. I have contacted the owner of the venue and have yet to receive even an apology.
My wedding was beautiful!! I would recomend Castlewood Event Center to anyone. Kris was a great coordinator she was always there to answer all my questions & concerns. I like the idea of having an outdoor wedding & inside reception all in one place. The DJ Mike Photographer Ken & wonerful chef all came together to make my day wonderful. THe linens provided lovely in red & silver just like I wanted. There was pleanty of parking & the venue was easy to find. I loved my wedding it was a day I will treasure forever!!!
I can sum it up in one sentence, an EMPLOYEE stole my mom's wallet out of the bridal suite! My wedding is forever tainted with the memory of my mom's struggle with identity theft caused by an employee who stole her wallet and spent a thousand dollars of her money!
The hall is beautiful and easily fit all our guests. We did have several issues with the company that we planned our wedding with but the hall was in good condition.
We were VERY impressed with the service and venue. Mike was very helpful and very willing to make things go our way. Last minute we needed another officiant and they were very helpful with that. Chris did a great job. The food was great the service from the bartenders to the people helping clean up was all amazing. At times it was hard to get a hold of them but in the last two weeks before the wedding they were very helpful. We had some request the day of because of things falling thru (linens) and they were willing to help us out there as well.
Mike was our DJ and he did a great job playing whatever was requested and all the songs my Husband and I wanted.
The photographer (we didn't pick they picked for us) did a great job and got all sorts of amazing shots.
We were VERY pleased with the way our wedding turned out and the service and the cost. I would highly suggest 303 Weddings. :)
Overall my wedding turned out beautiful. It was the most amazing day of our lives. and it wouldn't have been if i didn't have all the help and my family and all the people at colorado weddings. Miramonte Lodge. Thanks so much.
This was a great place we ended up having to get a new venue ten days before the wedding and were more than helpful! I would recommend them to anyone!
Future brides - beware! Especially of the photographers, reliability. Our DJ didn't show up, they used the wrong color linens, our pictures had black spots on them and it took forever to get in contact with Mike, the owner. This man caused me so much heartache. In the first meeting, I was very impressed. But as time passed he didn't return my calls and he went on "vacation" for the two weeks leading up to my wedding. Although his services are cheap, they are not worth the heartache and frustration.
I have mixed feelings about this vendor, so I'm going to list the Pros and Cons about my experience. (Bear in mind that I had set a lot of HIGH expectations for whomever I chose to DJ, because my main focus of the reception was on entertaining the guests and having a blast!)
- The food was FABULOUS, (best food I've ever had at a wedding reception) and was a great value for someone on a budget
- Greg, the wedding planner and DJ, met us at a coffee shop right across the street from our house- even though it was on the other side of the city from his office- just to make our meetings most effecient for us
- We absolutely LOVED the way the video turned out
- The DJ kept the guests involved and interested in dancing by sporadically playing those fun group dance songs throughout the evening
- Greg (as the DJ) MISPRONOUNCED OUR LAST NAME when he introduced us at the reception. (normally I wouldn't care, but come on, it's the like the first time I got to be called that, and in front of everyone!) He also didn't play any "intro" music that I requested
- Numerous electronic malfunctions prevented a promised slide show of the ceremony from being shown at the reception, caused problems for the singer during the ceremony, and kept us from having the karaoake we requested (I know, fun, right?:)
- I felt the variety of music played was poor, and I provided a list of many of the songs that I would've liked to have heard at the reception (I mean come on, it was like 5 hours!) and heard very very few of them
- I was very frustrated with the photographer at the wedding; while the pictures we do have turned out wonderfully, she both missed many important pictures that should've been taken (like one of my dad and I!!!) and was not very assertive about getting people gathered for each picture (so I had to be the one bossing people around...and I don't otherwise think I was much of a "bridezilla")
- At points I felt that once it was confirmed that we would be using their services, I was no longer as much of a priority (like they had already confirmed that they were going to get paid, so I wasn't as much of a priority). As we neared the wedding, I had a very difficult time getting a hold of Greg, and that made me soooo stressed!! (Like I wasn't already :).
All in all, I wouldn't necessarily say don't consider them because they are an excellent value and help ease the load on busy brides-to-be (and it certainly didn't ruin the wedding or anything), I would recommend making very clear what your expecations are and maybe even be prepared for a few minor glitches (if you are one of the few brides-to-be that are actually relaxed when it comes to that stuff! :)
They were pleasant to deal with but the night before the wedding they called to tell me the DJ could not make it so they were sending another one. We called him to try to tell him everything we would need (we had met with the other DJ a couple times and had discussed everything we needed/wanted). The day of the wedding the DJ had nothing we discussed and messed up our parent's names. We were also promised a limo and when they called to tell us about the change in DJ they also told us all the limos were booked so they were sending a party bus. It was a little absurd. Also, on the day of the wedding they switched photographers on us as well. We had met with another man but he had to work in the kitchen so they sent someone else. He did a good job, but it would have been a lot less stressful if they had not changed everything the day before and the day of.