La Casita Del Arroyo Clubhouse - City of Pasadena
La Casita del Arroyo is a beautiful, intimate venue, and I loved having my wedding there. It is true that there is a ton of legwork to be done, especially regarding the permits and vendors. I.e., I had to get four different departments in four different buildings to sign off on my sound permit. I had to get insurance and/or workers comp waivers from all of my vendors. Allow yourself plenty of time to deal with this, and ask lots of questions, and you'll be fine.
Once all the paperwork was taken care of, I have to say I have no regrets about my choice. The price is very reasonable, and everything on the big day went smoothly. The views are amazing, and all our landscape architect friends were impressed with the drought-resistant gardens.
We chose La Casita because it sits on the hillside above the Lower Arroyo Park where we went on our first date. We frequently take our dog out for walks in the park and noticed it. When our beach wedding plans fell through, we thought it would be perfect.
Here are the pros:
- it is quaint and has a certain charm.
- there is a beautiful view of the Colorado Street bridge from the back terrace of the property.
- it's a also venue that allowed us to have ceremony and reception at one location.
- it comes with tables and chairs (special note: black plastic conference-style chairs)
- We were allowed to bring in all of our own vendors. We were not limited to any specific caterer, bakery, or DJ.
- The venue has lots of parking spaces.
Here is the biggest "con":
This clubhouse is rented through Pasadena's Office of Parks and Recreations. It is not often rented. To get any information or to get a tour of the inside of the facility is difficult at best. There isn't a direct number to speak to someone. You have to leave a message and wait for them to call you back. I had to rely primarily on email to contact them and make arrangements.
Bottom line, although this venue is really affordable, be prepared to put in some legwork.