For a truly unique, elegant and lasting memento of your special day consider investing in a LaFountain wedding quilt. Of all your wedding expenses, a LaFountain wedding quilt will likely be the most memorable and tangible.
LaFountain wedding quilts offer a meaningful alternative to the traditional guest book. You will basque in the love and sentiments of family and friends cuddled under your special quilt for years to come. Your guests sign finished quilt squares at the reception; I construct the quilt with the signed squares. The center medallion of your quilt is monogrammed and embroidered with information of personal significance to each couple making each quilt one-of-a-kind.
The joining of exquisite fabrics with carefully and artistically placed stitches is symbolic of the union of two people on their wedding day. Reminiscent of the 17th century Provence tradition to make or commission a wedding quilt for the
marriage bed, Carolyn Cook LaFountain wedding quilts are lavishly stitched and gorgeously embellished with custom motifs of personal significance to each couple. Customers with a passion for casual elegance and a discerning eye for quality workmanship
will appreciate the distinction and artistry of the quilts I design. The gentleness and elegant simplicity of a LaFountain wedding quilt will capture those special memories in an instant heirloom that will lend casual elegance to the home for years to
While my studio is physically located in Lake Placid NY, I service clients throughout the country and Canada. Please contact me at (703) 402-0443 to discuss your special wedding quilt.
Commission Process Phases:
Phase I involves communicating with the customer in person or electronically to discuss their event, timeline, where the quilt will reside and how it will be used, I.e hung on a wall or used on a bed. If the quilt will serve as the guest book at the event, the number of signature squares will drive the size of the quilt. Customers can elect to have their quilt finished before the event or they can purchase individual quilt squares for guests to sign on the day of event. In this scenario, I complete the center embellished medallion prior to shipping signature squares. Final construction of quilt top, quilting & binding are completed within two weeks of my receipt of signed quilt squares. Prior to shipping quilt squares to the client, 75% payment is require. Remaining 25% payment is due upon completion of the quilt and prior to final shipping.
Phase 2 involves design review and contract settlement. I will develop design options, sketches and photographs for customer review. Once a design is selected by the customer, estimated work hours and final price will be established and a contract will be finalized. A 50% deposit is required at this time to begin work.
Phase 3 involves the manufacturing process during which time periodic photographs will be sent to the customer so they can appreciate the evolution of their heirloom quilt.
Pricing My Work
When I make a commission quilt that includes information specific to the wedding couple or recipient of the quilt, i.e. photographs, dates, monograms, wedding party names, special colors, etc., I charge a $100 flat design fee. My quilt formula prices are based on the size of the quilt in square feet and the amount of labor required. For all levels of work, the formula is: square inches (length multiplied by width) divided by 144 (square inches = square foot). Specific pricing is further developed during the initial consultation with each client.
A minimum 8 weeks is required for each commissioned quilt. Actual timelines will be established during the design phase and are based on level of complexity and amount of customization.