Laurent Fourgo & His Ensemble
Absolutely one of my best decisions was to hire Laurent and his band for my wedding. The quartet played music for our cocktail hour and ceremony and they exceeded all our expectations. My family and I are picky about our music, so I knew I had hit the mark when they didn't want them to stop.
Laurent was extremely responsive in my emails with him. We had contacted him initially about booking him for our date, but didn't make a decision. A couple weeks later, he let us know that someone else wanted our date and gave us a weekend to figure out if we wanted to book him. I thought that was very courteous of him and fair for all involved. We ended up not booking him because we wanted a slightly different style, but I thought he sounded great. You can see a bunch of his videos on YouTube if you want a preview. I can't give him 5 stars since I didn't actually book him, but my guess is he would be a 5 star choice.
Laurent and his band were an absolute hit at my wedding! They fit in so perfectly with the atmosphere, or maybe I should say that they made the atmosphere perfect. Laurent is the lead singer in the band and also the head of the band. He is great with communicating by email and keeping in touch with you. Sometimes musicians are little flaky, but Laurent was a complete professional. His musical style is kind of old Frank Sinatra stuff and also some French and Italian stuff (good if your families speak those languages). Wonderful stuff to either listen to or dance to. 5 stars!!
<!--StartFragment-->Flexible and elegant for any occasion, the combo features 1-7
musicians and may be performed with or without vocals.
You will be dazzled by a repertoire that includes
- Jazz Standards/Pop Standards with vocals (in the style of Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble, Dean Martin, Bobby Darin, Nat King Cole, Tony Bennett, Ray Charles, Louis Armstrong...)
- Instrumental Jazz (swing, latin, Bossa, Samba, Be Bop, Dixieland, Modern, New Orleans)
- World favorites (French, Italian, German, Brazilian)
- Classical music (for wedding ceremonies)
- Ballroom dance music (Cha Cha, East Coast Swing, Foxtrot, Mambo, Paso Doble, Rumba, Samba, Tango, Waltz, West Coast Swing)