Lou helped us a great deal with the music. Even though he's young and knows all the most recent songs, he has been a DJ for a while and has a great knowledge of all different types of music. We went through the whole evening's program with him and he knew the best songs to pick for each part of the wedding. Our guests thought the music selection fit real well and really made the wedding flow better.
On top of that, Lou is a great guy. He is very open and flexible to changes. If you're picky and want to make all the decisions about music, he will respect your wishes. If you have no idea about the flow and timing and all those details, like I was, then Lou is there to help you. He even has a long list of music to give you ideas if your mind is drawing a blank. He is very professional and responsive to his client's requests. I was in pretty frequent contact with him throughout the whole process, which really helped eased my worries.
Overall, Miraculas Entertainment was a great choice.
It has been a pleasure to work with Lou! He is very professional and really does a quality job at his craft. I would highly recommend him.
Headed by Lou Pagdanganan (aka DJ Miraculas), Miraculas Entertainment combines both music, performance, and sound knowledge into one to provide a premier service you won't get anywhere else. Here's what makes us different:
1) DJ Miraculas has been DJ'ng for 8 years and has mastered the art of mixing, to keep your music flowing seemlessly all night long. He has performed for many weddings, and can give you tips and ideas on what song to play for your first dance, bouquet/garter toss, and introductions. His musical styles range from Disco/Funk, Pop, Hip-Hop, R&B, Classic Freestyle, Classical, Jazz, Classic Rock, Ballroom, and much more.
2) Need a host? We have the energy, charisma, and personality to keep your event entertaining and running smoothly. We like to get you and your guests involved, which make your event an entertaining experience you and your guests will never forget.
3) We are trained sound technicians, so we can ensure the quality of sound of music as well as your microphones. We can also provide audio support and music for your wedding ceremony!
Have you ever been to a wedding that had a DJ that just played all the cheesy music that makes every wedding reception look the same everywhere you go? Tired of the chicken dance? Macarena?
Or have you been to a wedding reception where the music selection was really great and the DJ made great seamless transitions that had everyone dancing all night, but you were interrupted by so many shameless plugs by the DJ about their business or about how they will be the next hot DJ? Or had a DJ that kept playing what they thought will be "...the next greatest hit" by "so and so" whom you've never heard of?
That's what you get when you either hire a big DJ company (as in the first example) or an independent "club" DJ (as in the second example). We fall right in the middle. Do you want the Macarena or chicken dance at your reception? If you do, that's fine, and we'll play. But we also have an extensive knowledge of music as well music library that includes great artists such as The Beatles, Eagles, Don Mclean, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Earth, Wind, & Fire, The Commodores, Prince, Madonna, Lil Wayne, Kanye West, LL Cool J, and so on, from all genres and all eras, to ensure your night is filled with music that YOU love.
We have the professionalism to respect your music choices and ability to host your event, just as a Big DJ company, but will never stick to a "template playlist" that will make your wedding reception seem like the rest. If you want a reception catered to your own music style, we can do it!
We also have the ability to create and orchestrate a well thought out playlist and have the ability to mix and blend music to create a seamless blend from one song to the next, an art that mainly club DJs have the capability of, except you won't get someone bombarding the mic with shameless plugs. We also provide only clean music for your event, so for the newer Tops 40s hits, we can still provide some of your club favorites without offending anyone or misinfluencing the kids.
The artistry of independent club DJs, and the professionalism of a big DJ company. You have the DJ for you with Miraculas Entertainment.
1) You want to enjoy your day, not work it. I always strongly recommend couples to hire a day-of coordinator or, if at the least, appoint a responsible and organized person to handle all vendors and issues on the day of your event. If you have the budget to hire an event planner, even better.
2) Make sure you are clear with all your vendors about your expectations of them and their expectations of you. Read their contracts carefully or even better, create a contract of your own outlining your expectations of them.
3) If you're on a tight budget, it's always best to figure out the prioritization of your budget list. For example, is a nice venue the most imporant thing? or is it the entertainment for the evening? or maybe it's the food. Prioritizing your vendors list will give you a good idea of how to budget and what to leave room for in your budget. Just remember the golden rule: "You get what you pay for."
4) Get good rest the night before your wedding. If you're planning on having a bachelor/bachelorette party, do it at least 2 nights before your wedding, to give you time to rest up before your big day.
5) Dealing with out of town guests can be difficult, but some hotels nearby may offer discounts on large parties. Ask the hotels near your venue whether or not they offer discounts on a guaranteed number of guests, which can save you or your guests a good amount of money!
6) Emergencies happen, and there are some circumstances that are just unavoidable. What happens if one of your vendors is in an emergency and can't make it to your wedding? Always ask them if they have a backup in the case of an emergency.
7) Some venues may offer packages that include catering, photographer, DJ, videographer, etc. all for one good price. This is a great option, but make sure you itemize each vendor under that package and that you do your research on each vendor. Just because they make it easy to plan your entire wedding in one package, doesn't necesarily mean they are fit to service the type of wedding you want.
8) Lastly...HAVE FUN. You've worked too hard and too long not to enjoy your wedding day. Remember the most important thing: You are there to celebrate the union between you and your spouse with your family and friends, regardless of what occurs around you all. Be in the moment, and live every second of it.