More Than Music
I wanted a DJ with a lot of personality, but also someone who was professional and wouldn't steal the show. That's JB! It's obvious that he has a real passion for his job and truly cares about making the bride and groom's night special. He had good suggestions on music from many genres, and he's good about watching the crowd, playing something for everyone, and keeping people on the dance floor.
Edwin did such a fabulous job at our wedding. He not only did the music for the reception but also the ceremony. He was very easy to work with and did a great job getting the crowd involved! I would highly recommend his services!
JB Baxter & Edwin Robinson with More than music were the DJ's for our sons wedding on March 10,2012. I cant tell you how fantastic everything went. I had people come up to me and say how impressed they were with all the attention to detail Edwin was. He kept the party going all evening.
Edwin at More than Music was an amazing DJ and fantastic to work with. He really made our wedding day!
I cannot thank JB Baxter of More Than Music enough! He is truly incredible! He was so patient with us during the planning process! He worked hand in glove with our reception site to make our night truly spectacular! He planned our evening to perfection...his introductions for us were amazing! He oversaw the toasts & cake cutting in such a flawless manner. He created a playlist that kept our guests captivated & on the dancefloor. He made our wedding such a memorable & fun occasion that I truly felt like I had a Royal Wedding. I would highly recommend that everyone book this master of ceremonies RIGHT AWAY!
I can't thank JB enough. 2 weeks before our wedding our dj called and canceled on us. JB was there to pick right up where we had left off. We meet with him and felt more than confident. When it came to the wedding day I had no worries about how our reception would turn out. Every had a blast! He really knew how to get everyone up and dancing. JB was great at making our reception just how we imagined it in only 2 short weeks!
My Husband and I were recommended JB from More than Music from a few people. We have to say, that he was awesome! We had a great night....he helped us so much with a timeline and getting everybody to dance. He had suggestions of songs, and was very supportive with all our our families requests! Thank you JB, you made our night so memorable! Highly recommend!!!!!
Total let down! I have seen "Ed" in action & can see why brides enjoyed him, however JB (the owner) is a washed up, has been. The radio DJ voice gets very aggrevating throughout the night. My husband and I wrote down a list of the mistakes we know that JB made:
1. Started processional music too early at end of ceremony.
2. "Only song requested at reception by bride" played during cocktail hour while bride was taking photos, and then never played at reception.
3. Introductions were ruined!!!!! ........
-Groom's Mother's bf introduced as Groom's Father (DJ was told several times that the Groom's father is deceased)
-Groomsman (friend) introduced as Groom's Brother
-Other Groomsmen & Bridesmaids incorrectly introduced w/other names of wedding party
-Did not know name of Flower Girl
4. After 1 minute & 20 seconds (previously mapped out) of Bride & Groom's first dance DJ was suppose to ask all wedding party to join in.
5. Music during dinner was way slower than expected & explained during meetings.
6. Traditional Jewish Dance (with chair) NEVER DONE.
7. Honeymoon dance NEVER DONE (aka: $ dance; $ to help our honeymoon cost).
8. DJ packed up at 10:30, contract stated 11:00pm (although he was paid in full).
9. Speech unclear all night, muffled, monotone, and unenthusiastic tone/behavior/presence.
10. Was told that DJ was rude to multiple guests, and did not have multiple songs requested (even though Bride provided DJ with lengthy list of choices).
11. 1st "dance" song of reception was to be a dance for BMs per Bride (recommended by DJ), DJ took/played requested song from 15 year old instead of bride's request.
12. During final meeting to choose songs and verify details DJ stated he would join in for dances, and help instruct on any dances that guest did not know. DJ stayed behind booth all night.
13. Also, during the final meeting DJ spoke to Bride and M.O.B about cute "saying," word phrases, and "party starters" that work well in his experience, but the DJ was lack luster and boring.
14. Bride was told by multiple guests (that night & dates to follow) that DJ would roll his eyes at Bride's requests and concerns throughout the evening.
15. DJ did not return emails or phone calls in a timely manner, if at all.
16. Bryan Adams song "Everything I do..." was requested by guest (for their anniversary), and DJ stated that was a step-father & step-daughter dance.
17. DJ did not inform bride that he moved his office location. Bride showed for 2nd meeting @ original location unaware of change.
18. DJ’s personality and attitude the night of our wedding was far different than during original meetings, which was disappointing and a huge let down.
The evening was very embarassing, and as the bride I found I spent most of my night worrying/monitoring the DJ so my guest would try and dance, or not fall asleep at the tables. I would never refer anyone to More Than Music, and he really missed out because my guest were all engaged or soon to be engaged (lots of opportunity out the door).
I went with JB Baxter for our DJ. He was great! He helped us pick out songs for our wedding when we couldn't decide and really knew how to make things fun. He even interacted with the guest which was great. If you want a fun DJ who really knows what they're doing, go with JB.
We really struggled on how to pick a DJ and went with More Than Music because he came highly recommended from our venue as "fun". Overall he was a pretty good DJ and the guests danced until the end. He also knew exactly the schedule of a reception, so it was good that he kept things on track, ie first dance, cake cutting, etc.
But I do have a couple complaints:
1. He arrived at the wire (later than expected) and he was in charge of the speakers and mic for the officiant. So that was a big stress.
2. He never played the wedding march for the bride (so I went down the aisle to the wrong music)
3. The 2nd song he played was some horrible request and I had never heard of it and the dance floor immediately died.
Like I said, not all bad. The guests really seemed to enjoy him and he mixed it up so the young and older generation each got songs they could boogie too. One last thing, and this is a matter of taste - not negative or positive, he really likes to use the radio DJ voice.
We had the best DJ ever!! Edwin, from More than Music, was very funny and went with our vibe just right. He got all the people dancing on the dance floor and he even jumped in to get things moving once or twice!! Edwin is a fantastic DJ!!!! If you want a rocking party and someone that can announce you with a great voice, Edwin is your man.