Rock Creek Gardens
I would never recommend this venue to anyone because of how completely unprofessional the wedding coordinator that runs the property is. HOWEVER if you bring in your own REAL wedding coordinator then I would definitely say use the location because it is beautiful. My guests loved the location and so did I except that while Laura is a very nice lady, she has no idea what she is doing. My friends had to step in to constantly clean up her mistakes. I would be happy to answer any bride's questions about my personal experience but a few highlights from our experience:
1. I had to ask her if she was coming to the rehearsal dinner and she forgot her notebook so I couldn't review anything with her
2. She left the day of our wedding for nearly 3 hours so I couldn't do a final run through of what we needed done
3. We stayed on the property and the a/c didn't work, half the light switches didn't work, the groom's cottage had no a/c and it was hot and there were no paper towels on site
4. I had to give her a revised itinerary for our wedding day because hers was filled with spelling errors and misinformation
5. She tried overcharging us the advertised rate while telling us what a great deal we were getting.
So, while my guests might have found the location beautiful, my close friends and family were all stressed out the day of because we constantly had to deal with putting out fires. An experience I wouldn't wish on...
Rock Creek is a very beautiful all outdoor venue. It was like a dream for me, there is a cute bridge over a tiny creek, it is amazing. Laura is super sweet but just make sure you keep your own notes and check in with her every so often. We got married on a Sunday which was quite a bit cheaper, I definitly recommend that.
I did a candy buffet and cupcake tier for a bride of mine at Rock Creek Gardens.
What a wonderful place for a garden wedding. The staff is wonderful, helpful in every way. I loved the way my candy buffet and cake table looked because of the beautiful gardens.
I would differently recommend Rock Creek Gardens for any occasion.