Sucre' provided us with beautiful wedding and groomsmen cakes. Everyone raved about the quality and beauty of the cakes. The staff are difficult to work with and at times unprofessional. At the end of my very happy day, I am left with just the great memories.
The macarons from Sucre were a huge hit! My mom and I put together a candy table and we ordered two macaron trees from Sucre. April was incredibly professional and prompt and she followed my directions exactly. I wanted the tree to be white and lavender and violet and she followed my instructions to a T. They were lovely to work with!
Beautiful cakes...but I requested a 3 tier SQUARE cake and ended up with a 3 tier ROUND cake on my wedding day. It was still beautiful and tasted great, but not exactly what I had in mind.
My wedding cake was very good, I had a three tier cake with three different filling Omg it was great, my guest are still talking about our cake. The only thing I didn't care about is that all my conversations was by email only. I was bought up on old school have some kind of conversation by phone with your clients....but as far as anything else the cake was wonderful...
Great team of people, beautiful and yummy cakes.
The cake was pretty and delicious. Only complaint was that - I am not sure who positioned the cake but the seam for the gold wraps was facing towards the front instead of the back, so all my pictures have a seam going down the side of the cake.
It was still beautiful and so tasty, I'm probably the only one who noticed the seam anyway....
I must say I have mixed feelings about my wedding cake. The end product was satisfactory and I didn't let it bother me because I am a laid back person and let things roll off easily. The cake did turn out nicely, but it was not what was discussed in my meeting with the designer's assistant. I had a very difficult time getting in contact with the manager, but she was very nice on the times that i spoke with her. The colors I asked for were not used and the flavor of the cake the day of was very different from my cake testing. Overall, it turned out nicely but I was very anxious about it during the entire process because there was never a formal contract signed. The groom's cake turned out very well we were pleased with it, so i guess my biggest problem during the process was the difficulty in communicating. It may have been because we were out of town though. I would still recommend them but you may have to be patient.
Vendor response to review
I sent you an email a few days after the wedding. Please contact me as I would like to discuss the concerns you had about your cake and any other issues. Our number one priority is customer service and our guests having the absolute best experience. We strive to make our brides happy from the consultation to cutting the cake. Please email or give me a call at your earliest convenience. firstname.lastname@example.org or 504-520-8311.
I sent the following email to my baker in response to my wedding cake. It is a shame I had such a negative experience to begin with - however, the cake topper in the scenario (if you will!) is that my complaint fell on deaf ears and blind eyes. I have not received a reply.
"I sincerely wish I did not have to compose this email. I find it entirely unfortunate because no matter the outcome of this correspondence, I cannot emerge a winner - the moment has passed and I will never have another opportunity for the beautiful cake I dreamed of.
My wedding cake failed to meet my expectations in every way.
1. The cake leaned considerably. The site manager at Generations Hall had to reposition it just to keep it standing for the ceremonial cutting.
2. The cake was yellow, rather than a champagne or golden color as discussed and pictured in the sample files I sent you. This tone difference was especially obvious given the colors used in the cake topper, which should have cooridinated rather than clashed.
3. The red velvet layer had a salty flavor.
4. The cake was oriented incorrectly - an oval cake should feature the longer side to the crowd. Our cake was positioned so that the skinny side faced the crowd - the stair stepped layering wasn't even visible.
5. The cake layers were so close in size that you could hardly differentiate one from the other...you probably couldn't see that the layers were supposed to be stair stepped even if the cake had been orientated correctly.
And, last - but most importantly:
6. The level of detail fell so far from my expectations that I can hardly believe someone of your talent and caliber would deliver a cake of that appearance and allow it to be associated with your name. The fondant sash appeared small and messy rather than an elegant wrap; the fleur de lis pattern was imprecise (though the best part comparatively); and the rolled fondant scrollwork looked more like seaweed than anything else...and certainly didn't evoke the simple elegance depicted in the inspiration cake.
As I said, I wish more than anything that I did not have to send this email and provide this feedback. I dreamed of and looked forward to a stunning wedding cake. I had my father build a table tall enough to display the cake through the entryway. I had my florist float orchids around the display to frame the "masterpiece." I had spent hours identifying and visiting bakers in the New Orleans area to identify one who could deliver a really spectacular cake. I am sure you can, but you did not do so for me - for my wedding.
Because I will never have that opportunity back, I would like my money returned. I do not feel as though Sucre delievered the product I purchased."
We just recently received a thank you gift from a bride...she got treats from Sucre. They were beautiful and beyond yummy! We definitely like!
From breakfast to a midnight snack, Sucré is available to satisfy your sweet tooth. Sucré (French for sugared) is an emporium of "artisan" sweets. Unlike a traditional bakery, Sucré serves plated desserts with custom garnishes in addition to boxed treats.
When it comes to planning a wedding, few decisions are as delightful as choosing your wedding cake. From the traditional to beyond, our expert pastry chefs will design a one-of-a-kind creation as memorable as the day itself.
Please contact Courtney Dodson at email@example.com to set up a consultation or for more information.