Sweet Monday Photography
These girls are the most incredible photographers ever!!!! I was extremely picky about my photographer, and spent a lot of time looking for the right one to hire for my wedding. I found Sweet Monday when they were still in LA, but they agreed to do my Boston wedding, and am SO glad I did! Their photos are beautiful - artistic, unique, and capture the emotion of the day. I got a TON of compliments on their work - both for engagement and wedding! I cannot say enough good things about them - they were amazing and great to work with, and I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who wants incredible wedding photography!!!
My husband and I were so lucky to work with April and Lindsey. They were great at making us feel comfortable from the first meeting and then in front of the camera at our engagement shoot and wedding. The pictures were phenomenal. When we got them back (and in a timely manner of 2-3 weeks), we ordered so many because they all turned out well! On the day of the wedding, April and Lindsey arrived on time, and were super flexible about finding places where we could take our bridal party pictures (our original shooting location was being used). These two are highly recommended.
They are the most unique photographers out there! So thrilled with how each one turned out.
I interviewed about 5 photographers before I picked Lindsy and April of Sweet Monday Photography. The biggest deciding factor for me was looking through their sample albums. I found that many photographers had great pictures but when it came to the wedding albums, they were un-thoughtfully arranged or binge filled so every page was plastered with pictures. These girls are not only super talented in capturing precious expressions and moments, and making dream-pictures, they are also great story tellers when assembling pictures into the final wedding albums! I can't wait to see mine soon!
April and Lindsey are amazing photographers. They are wonderful to work with and the pictures are absolutely stunning. We did both engagement and wedding photographers and they are great. Everyone who has seen my wedding photos cannot stop raving about how beautiful they are.
Lindsay and April are the best! Not only are they friendly and sweet and simply awesome, their photographs are gorgeous.
As someone who hates getting their picture taken, they really do make it as painless as possible. They're fantastic!!!
I highly recommend Sweet Monday Photography, both for their work and their personalities. Lindsey and April were such a joy to work with--enthusiastic and extremely prompt in returning my calls/emails. Many of my guests commented on how much they liked my photographers--and they haven't even seen the wonderful pictures they took! They were professional yet fun to be around. They took all the posed pictures I asked for and still gave me tons of wonderul, candid shots to choose from. I think 1 of the best things about their packages is that they give you a box of 400 touched up proofs that are ready to put in an album (although I would recommend you also order an album, as they have great creativity and wonderulf taste). Just look at their website--you will be impressed!
We used Sweet Monday for our April wedding in Encinitas. It's only been two weeks since the wedding and we've already been provided with an amazing slideshow of sneak peek images. The photos are amazing, very beautiful and a true capture of the joy of the day. Lindsey and April are very professional and attentive and very supportive. They were so great to work with and so sweet. I highly recommend them!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Sweet Monday Photography. We have only done our engagement session with them and they came out amazing! These ladies are truly talented. Just browse through their website and you will see! I cannot wait for the wedding day!
They did an amazing job! We had one wedding on the West coast and one on the East coast. They were just so easy to work with, they took all the pictures that we asked them to take, sent the proof album on time(which looks great), and just made the entire process easy. We did some color and some B&W pics, and they are all beautiful! I would recommend these girls to everyone!!
Sweet Monday Photography does SUCH great work. I've worked with them on two weddings now and their photos always enhance the memories of the creative weddings they shoot. Both Lindsey and April are so wonderful, kind, professional and talented. If you're having a creative wedding and you care about the details, Sweet Monday is a wonderful choice. Book early and be ready to be blown away!
Megan Fickling Pearson
La Partie Events
April and Lindsay were great. We had so many great shots to choose from and at your one year anniversary they give you the cd with every single hi-res image they took. Most photographers wouldn't do that. We loved them! =)
Lindsey and April are an absolute blast to work alongside! As a Coordinator, I couldn't have asked for a better duo. They were always right on cue, captured each and every amazing moment, went above and beyond to capture the specific shots the bride wanted all while having big smiles on their faces and joyful spirits. I would be honored to work with either of these incredible women again and greatly look forward to the seeing the product of all their hard work!
Thank you ladies for making my job easier and for being so fun to work with!
We are April and Lindsey, and we create joyful, romantic images of people feeling happy and loved on their wedding day.
We're in Los Angeles, but happily travel anywhere and everywhere to shoot. We'd love to talk with you about photography for your wedding!
Best wishes and happy planning,
April Killingsworth & Lindsey Hinderer
Good photographers can create stunning images under pretty much any set of circumstances. But there are a few things you as the bride or groom can do while planning your wedding to help us get the best possible images of the day.
1. Allow plenty of time for group portraits and -- more importantly -- portraits of the two of you alone. We recommend setting aside *at least* an hour for your portraits. Ideally, only about half of this time will be spent on family and wedding party formals, leaving the other half for wandering around getting killer images of the two of you by yourselves.
2. If your wedding is later in the day, consider seeing each other before the ceremony. Late afternoon is by far the best time for portraits, when the light is all pretty and glowy and the sun isn't harsh. If you're having a sunset ceremony and wait until after to take portraits, you'll risk losing all the nice light. Besides, arranging for some "first sight" photos can be super romantic.
3. Don't worry about rain on your wedding day, but if it does, embrace it! Rain and clouds can make for wonderfully dramatic images.
4. Let your photographers know about any restrictions your church has as far as the use of flash, movement of photographers during the ceremony, etc. Everything can be worked around, but the more notice you give your photographers, the better prepared they'll be.
5. Be willing to get creative during your portrait session. You've hired your photographers for their particular vision, so if they have an idea, try it! Some of our clients' favorite photographs have resulted from our weirdest ideas.
6. When choosing what block of time to have your photographers present on your wedding day, opt for more time at the beginning of the day rather than at the end. Photos from the end of receptions tend to be very repetitive (there are only so many shots of guests dancing that you'll want included in your album), but the beginning of the day -- when the anticipation and excitement is filling the air -- is always bursting with good photo opportunities.
7. Don't let your nerves freeze your face. A smiling couple is a gorgeous couple.
8. If you're having an outdoor ceremony where there's no shade, avoid scheduling it for a time of day when the sun will be directly overheard. Bright, direct sunlight makes for harsh, unflattering photos.
9. Most of all, just enjoy your day in the spotlight. Even if you don't normally like having your picture taken, soak it up on your wedding day. You won't regret it.