Take Away Gourmet
Chuck and his crew were absolutely amazing. He catered my wedding, as well as helped coordinate the rentals, and all I can say is that it went a thousand times more smoothly than I ever thought it would. He was always there to answer questions and give advice. This doesn't even address his food, which was delicious. Everyone at my wedding complimented me on the food selection. I would recommend him to anyone, and will absolutely turn to him in the future.
We just wanted to thank you again for everything! Chuck, you exceeded our expectations! The food and presentation were unbelievable. You made our Wedding Cocktail Reception unforgettable for all. The staff was so friendly and helpful, from putting together our plans to following up on every tiny detail, and setting the scene. Everyone commented on how delicious the food was. The passed Hors d’ oeuvres were staggered nicely- keeping our guests wondering what was coming out next.
We couldn’t be more thankful for finding someone who is as detailed, professional, and personal as you. You understood our vision and made it happen- perfectly!
We can’t wait to find a reason to have another party so we can have your awesome cooking again!
P.S. Can I give TAG 10 stars for Responsiveness?? Chuck was in constant contact with me over the year and half that we planned the wedding!
My husband CJ and I were planning our northern NJ wedding from Boston. Granted, it's not a destination wedding, but it was still long distance planning. We didn't want the typical banquet hall wedding, and wanted flexibility in the overall look and feel of our day. It turns out TAG was the gem we were looking for.
Here are reasons why TAG was super-awesome to work with:
- Chuck was very responsive – he always quickly responded to us by e-mail or phone, despite all the other events he was catering;
- Chuck was computer/internet-savvy, which was important for CJ and me because it made long distance planning SO much easier. We used everything from an online floorplanner application to collectively visualize and design the layout of our room, to using Pinterest to bounce ideas off one another;
- Chuck was really flexible – he definitely tried hard to give us different party options (sit down dinner, buffet, cocktail hour kind of reception) to meet our budget
- Chuck did more than just cater – sometimes he played wedding planner and helped CJ and I look for other entertainers and photographers. He also made sure that the venue at The Hermitage was set up just right for our party.
Here are reasons why you should have Chuck and TAG cater your wedding, or event:
- Chuck’s food was creative: he put a lot of thought into what foods would fit in with our summer wedding, and he put a lot of thought into the presentation of the food;
- The food was DELICIOUS, the meat and vegetables that TAG uses are fresh, the flavor palette they use is complex, and he made the simplest foods unique
- Chuck and his team make sure that you eat at your wedding – when CJ and I were busy taking our wedding portraits, he had his team members brought out hors d’oeuvres to us. Chuck came out of his kitchen and made sure to see for himself that we were eating. Now THAT’S service!
We really loved working with Chuck and TAG, and would totally work with them again.
Chuck is amazing. Chuck employs amazing staff. Everything about my day was wonderful and stress free and I attribute that success to Take Away Gourmet.
Working with this vendor was the easiest part of my wedding. Take Away Gourmet listened to what my dream was and then we created it with in the budget that I set. Their service was tremendous but their food s even better. Everything was delectable from the apetizers to our main courses that Take Away Gourmet served. If you are looking for the best in New Jersey then go to Take Away Gourmet.
Chuck Adams is an artist. Food is high quality, delicious and lovely presentation. He helped us create an intimate, warm, elegant and fun atmosphere for our wedding reception. He is creative, flexible and doesn't get frazzled from questions, requests and changes to the plan. He and his team are real professionals. We would highly recommend Takeaway Gourmet.
Chuck and Take Away Gourmet were absolutely amazing. The food is insanely delicious and the presentation is outsanding. Chuck helped us from day one with everything. I can't say enough wonderful things about them! If you are looking for a cater do yourself a favor and go with Take Away Gourmet!!!
Chuck was a pleasure to work with. His professionalism, creativity, flexability, and most importantly his food were all top notch. Chuck and Take Away Gourmet took our wedding from an idea in our head to a truly unique experience that will be remembered by us and all our guests. It was a great day and we have Chuck to thank.
Take Away gormet is in a league all it's own!!!! Chuck Adams is not only a caterer, he practically helped me with everything, from the flowers to the timeline...everything! There was absolutely not one detail he missed!!! Not one detail I missed because of his attention to detail! The food was amazing! Our theme was a hawaiain luau and the items on the menu far exceeded my expectations of what my luau would be. The staff was outstanding, very attentive to not only me and my new husband, but they really made everyone feel as though they had their own waitress/waiter! The wedding took place in my friends home which he took over the kitchen, but after the wedding was over it was as if they were never there...They were extremely thorough even with the breakdown. Absolutely fantastic! Not one complaint!
My husband and I have nothing but fond memories from our wedding and also of Take Away Gourmet. They did such a fantastic job both in the planning stages and on the day of the event. They went far beyond just catering and made the day go smoothly for everyone (i.e. our vegetarian friends, kid friendly food for our fussy nieces and nephews and of course the high maintenance bride). We appreciate how TAG recognized potential concerns unrelated to their role as a caterer (i.e. the garbage bag exhibit at the museum, the premature lock down of the gallery), notified us of them prior to our wedding day and then helped us resolve them.
We were so impressed at how seamless everything appeared. We know that much of that was due to a lot of hard work behind the scenes with everyone involved at Take Away Gourmet. It is a rarity, even in the professional world, that someone is able to listen to requests and specifications and then follow through with them; but they were able to do that. Everything from arranging a room beautifully for an extended cocktail party to the cutting of the cake was exactly how we imagined it would be.Chuck was available to communicate and discuss ideas, even when they undoubtedly had other more immediate concerns.
The staff was also amazingly adaptable and well organized; Not to mention that the food was delicious. We enjoyed our tasting back in March; Of course we were wondering if it could possibly be as good the day of, and for almost 200 people. IT WAS!! Chuck, is an incredible chef; and the presentation of the food was beautiful, too.
We are so glad we hired Take Away Gourmet to cater our wedding. They served the role of a wedding planner in so many ways. Their organization, communication and excellent food make it a first-class business. Lauren Zingaro-Toth
If you're looking for food / catering, Chuck and Take Away Gourmet are the team that you want to be working with. We recently worked with Chuck at a wedding, and here are my reasons for recommending him:
1) Awesome food! It wasn't the typical mediocre food that I feel like you find at many wedding receptions. This was GOOD stuff. The whole band loved what he prepared, and I know your guests will too!
2) Responsiveness: Chuck ALWAYS got back to me within 24 hours any time I contacted him. This will give you the peace of mind knowing that your vendors are communicating effectively throughout the planning process for your wedding. It will also give you comfort because if you have questions, you know you're going to get answers in a timely manner.
3) Organization: The timeline for weddings depends heavily on the caterer's schedule for preparing and serving food. As a band leader, we plan our music around this timeline. Chuck and Take Away Gourmet set up a timeline and stuck with it. Not only does this help us plan as a band, but it means that when you develop a timeline with Chuck for your wedding, you can feel comfortable that your reception is going to flow the way you plan and expect it to.
Chuck is amazing! The food is first class and the attention to detail even better!
I strongly recommend Take Away Gourmet!
- mark, elegant ensembles inc
With years of experience in NYC and NJ, TAG brings it all to the table; great food, well trained professional staff, local resources for all your wedding needs, and now, "The Hermitage". This beautiful national landmark provides a magnificent Victorian backdrop for your wedding and reception.