TUXEDO CATERERS~EVENT PLANNERS,LLC
Words cannot express how I feel about you. You made our wedding day PERFECT from day one when I first meet you in the office, you were exceptionally calm and so knowledgeable. You always had my back and I thank you so much for everything. Our wedding day was so organized, your staff was professional and commented to excellence. I also wanted to thank you for working with Kathy. Tuxedo's food was amazing and the presentation was simply fabulous. We loved the beautiful linens and place settings, your charger plates with our printed menus added style and charm. My guest couldn't stop talking about Tuxedo. The wedding Cake that you included in our package was stunning and delicious. Tuxedo's Specialty Signature drink was right on point. Everyone said that it was the best wedding they had ever attended. They loved the Merion Tribute House, some called it a Castle. It was the perfect venue. They also loved the Trolley Works and of course, Tuxedo Caterers.!! We are so happy that we picked you as our caterer. We plan on hosting future events at The Merion Tribute House. Jewel, you will be the first person we will call. We can't thank you enough. We wished you continued success.
Tamika & Dorrie Shaw (Mr. & Mrs. Dorrie Shaw)
The owner is more than pleasant and easy to talk to. She was very responisve when I explained we were having financial challenges, and worked with us to still make the budget work. While some minor details we discussed didn't happen on the day, we were happy with the food and service overall.
Jewel was wonderful! Her staff was very friendly and attentive. Everything was exactly as I imagined it. My wedding reception went along very smooth and everything was in place. I would certainly use Tuxedo Caterers for my next function. I highly recomend Tuxedo Caterers!
Jewel Lassiter and the staff of Tuxedo Catering provided excellent service, loving care, and concern to our wedding day menu making it a beautifully unique & unforgettable day to remember! Our guests marveled at how delicious the food tasted. From start to finish, Jewel's attention to detail and flare for the extra touches made preparation an easier experience. To top things off, Jewel's cookbook "Love Bites" is phenomenal. The recipes are easy to follow and absolutely wonderfull!!!! -Kimberly & Kenneth Hardy (June 27, 2009)
My husband & I planned our wedding in 3-4 months. I found Tuxedo Catering on line and contacted them at once, ever since that day we were truly pleased with the owner's professionalism and courtesy to our wants and needs. I found in this Caterer not just food for the reception but my Wedding cake, centerpieces, and a florist. We were absolutely overjoyed with the staff's service and attention to our guests. I would eagerly recommend Tuxedo Catering for any event.
Working with Jewell Mann Lassiter and Tuxedo Catering has been a complete joy. With so many details, and venue concerns, her staff was on time, on target and able to handle on the spot challenges effortlessly.
I hired Tuxedo two years in a row to provide catering services for our annual fundraiser and without a doubt, I would recommend Ms. Lassiter to any bride. She has impeccable attention to detail and when it comes to this business she knows it hands down. I am completely confidant that with Tuxedo as a part of any event there will be no need for worry or concern.
International Student Athlete Academy
In April of 2008 our organization, "Let's See If We Can Help, Inc. " gave it's first annual Black Tie Fundraiser to introduce the organization. Never having given such an affair we wanted to place it in the hands of someone that we felt comfortable with and would ensure that we had no worries. I had only heard of Tuxedo Caterer's reputation under the direction of it's founder Ms. Jewel Mann-Lassiter, and knowing what we were seeking and her reputation, we looked no further. Not only did she handle the entire affair both efficiently and effortlessly, it was also fabulous. We placed it in her hands and forgot it. It was beautiful. By comparison we thought we'd save money and attempted the next affair on our own, what a disaster. Needless to say that our next two upcoming affairs in September (birthday) and October (fund raiser) will be handled by Tuxedo Caterers. If their name is attached to it you can believe it is a success. I would recommend Tuxedo Caterers and Ms. Mann-Lassiter to anyone and everyone. ********** ten stars out of five.
- There were not enough hors d’oeuvres during the cocktail reception. Servers did not circulate through the room. Many guests (including the bride and the mother of the bride) did not have access to any appetizers.
- The bartenders were not professional. They were not skilled at mixing drinks (a screwdriver was almost made with gin?), nor did they conduct themselves professionally (unprompted, one bartender began talking about his wife, pulling out his wallet to show a picture of her to the confused guests?).
- The bartenders began telling guests during dinner that certain beers, liquors and wines were unavailable (Blue Moon, Grey Goose and red wine). This was far from accurate. Either there was a severe miscommunication within the team, or they were unconcerned with confirming availability. More than 50% of every alcohol brand was available at the END of the event.
- The table set up did NOT reflect the layout we had discussed. If Michael and you had not moved tables earlier, there would have been no space for first dances, etc. The changes led to a mistake in the set up for the head table. Ten spaces were discussed and only eight were set.
- The order for the serving of food was not what we had discussed. We had confirmed a grace period between salad and the main course so that guests could dance. Dinner was served immediately, instead.
- Five tables did not receive the full menu. One table received no meat dishes.
- Most dishes were served at room temperature.
- We understand that your usual serving ware vendor was not available. It surprised and disappointed us that you chose to use plastic serving platters with sunflower motifs and plastic handled spoons and forks (not even serving utensils).
- Mid-dinner, guests were informed there were no clean wine glasses left.
- There were no napkins or plates available for the cake cutting.
I recommend the services of TUXEDO CATERERS~EVENT PLANNERS to make your Wedding Day a one-of-a-kind event that will be remembered and cherished by you and all your guests for years to come. ~~ Angela www.calligraphybyangela.com 214 957 2155
Jewel is a friendly, highly experienced and creative caterer. She listens and cares for her clients needs. Her mashed potato bar is to die for! Highly recommended! ^_^
and other "Spectacular Events".
Since its inception in 1986 under the development and management of its founder, Jewel Mann-Lassiter, Tuxedo Caterers, Inc. has
catered hundreds of events from Philadelphia's Waterfront to the Governor's Mansion in Harrisburg.