Bridal Gown Care Experts
I was super nervous trusting someone to clean my wedding dress, especially since it was made of raw silk which is difficult to clean. The Clothes Doctor did an excellent job and made the dress look perfect! When I met with Carol for the initial consultation, I mentioned that I wasn't exactly happy with the dress alterations. Carol recommended that I get a last minute alteration at Just Alterations. Carol even met me there for my initial fitting and picked up the gown from there for the final pressing.
I was working on a strict timeline, and Carol accommodated my schedule. She can even deliver your dress to your venue/hotel if you are getting married locally.
I was so impressed with Carol's exceptional customer service. She really goes above and beyond for her...
I bought my wedding dress at a sample sale, and while it was lovely and I got it at a steal, there were some minor dirt flaws and yellow tint that came out on my dress. I found Carol at the Dress Doctor, and though it was a hike, I trekked down to Long Beach to have her look at my dress. Carol was very sweet, and took time to explain the cleaning process. The fee was very reasonable for the cleaning needs, and the time turn around was quick. She also helped me find a good tailor and offered to pick the dress up from her for the final pressing. She was very good about communicating and patient when it was called for. I haven't preserved my dress yet, but I can tell from the cleaning, they would do an excellent job.
Carol and her team are knowledgeable and experienced at their job. I got my dress from Glamour Closet in LA and it needed some cleaning before the wedding. I took the dress in for cleaning and May and then again a few days before my wedding for pressing. I was very pleased with the results as well as with Carol's responsiveness and attention to the entire transaction.
I met with Carol a couple of months ago she was very helpful, friendly, a wealth of knowlege professional, i was VERY pleased with the results my wedding dress will be beautiful thanks to the clothes dr.
You knew you would look and feel beautiful in this gown and you knew that whenever you look your wedding dress in the future it would bring back the wonder of that special moment in your life.
Whether it is a new gown, or an heirloom gown your wedding dress needs to be perfect so that is why the next choice you should make is to have your precious bridal gown cleaned and preserved by The Clothes Doctor.
We have been offering our special Wedding Gown Care and Preservation services to brides since 1994 and our Bridal Gown Cleaning Specialists know what is important to you and how to clean and preserve your dress so it will be as beautiful for future generations to wear on their special day as it was when the gown was new.
As a proud member of the Association of Wedding Gown Specialists our Wedding Gown Care, Cleaning and Preservation services are museum quality and are endorsed by the Association of Bridal Consultants.
The Clothes Doctor offers a Lifetime Guarantee on our services and our work honored up by our Association of Wedding Gown Specialists members located in over 500 cities in the United States, Canada and around the world.
For Very Special Care of Your Very Special Bridal Gown.
Always... hang your wedding gown by loops inside the gown that are connected to sturdy side seams, never by fragile shoulder seams that can stretch or sag.
Always... avoid storing your wedding gown in plastic bags or vacuum-sealed, plastic wrapped containers because plastic emits fumes that can yellow your bridal gown and trap moisture that mildews your wedding gown.
Always... ask what precautions the specialist takes to protect delicate trims and decorations on your wedding gown and how the cleaner guards against latent stains on your wedding gown.
Always... choose a specialist who will personally process your bridal gown, never one who sends your bridal gown away to be cleaned.
Always... ask to inspect your wedding gown personally before it is put into the container, which should be a completely acid-free museum quality archival wedding chest lined with fabric or acid-free tissue.
Always... avoid storing your bridal gown in the attic or basement where there are extreme changes in temperature or humidity.
TOP TEN REASONS FOR PRESERVING YOUR WEDDING GOWN
Funny thing—when you are planning your wedding, it is all about the dress, the perfect gown for you that becomes the centerpiece of your wedding day. But unless you are the exceptional bride, you probably have not thought about what happens to your gown afterwards. Here are ten top reasons to care for your gown after the wedding.
10. You have more space in your bedroom closet. Your husband loved the way you looked in your gown, but sad to say, now he would like to get into his side of the closet without having to tango with your dress.
9. Your mom wants a guest room. Unless you have no interest at all in your gown, you had better take it from here before she turns it into a bedspread.
8. You will not have to worry when you move to a new house. It is not likely the moving men are willing to wash their hands before they touch your gown so it is best to protect it before they arrive.
7. You will not have to scramble when your daughter is born. You have enough to do with a new baby in the house so get your dress ready for her before she arrives. (And remember to have your christening gown renewed for her, too.)
6. You want your gown to look the way it did before your favorite niece gave you a chocolate hug and your Uncle Bob christened you with wine—worse yet red wine!
5. You know the makeup that looked so great on you is not good for the inside of your gown. Neither is the cake your husband thought was fun to feed you.
4. Your gown is ready for you to open whenever you like—just slip on a pair of white gloves before your touch it.
3. You remember how beautiful you are every time you look at your gown.
2. You wish your wedding day could last forever, and with care the beauty of your gown can last for years and years.
1. You want to re-live the love. Your gown is yours alone—the most beautiful gown ever. And it is the gown you wore when you shared the most wonderful moment of your life—marriage vows with your husband. Make sure your beautiful gown has a happy ever-after, too!