White Eagle Golf Club
I cannot express how overly satisifed and happy I am with White Eagle and the job they did for me wedding! Lillian and her staff were absolutely wonderful and made my wedding perfect! I worked with Lillian from day one and she was so helpful and flexible throughout the whole process! A month after securing our date, we had to switch to a later date. She was able to make this happen without any problems or extra charges! She allowed us to incorporate so many different things into the reception that other venues were charging for (ie signature drink, using outside vendors, bringing in our own sweets, etc). I had quite a bit of items I needed setup for the reception, including a candy table. Lillian and her staff did an amazing job and it was all setup exactly how I wanted it. Louis was our banquet captin during the event, and he did an amazing job making sure we had everything we needed. I couldn't have asked for more from White Eagle.
And the food! It was so delicious!! You would not know they mass produced it for a wedding. It tasted just as it did for our tasting and the guests are still raving about it!
Overall, the wedding was everything I wanted and so much of that is because of the staff at White Eagle. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a place for a wedding or other event. Not to mention, they only have one event per evening so you get the run of the club!!
White Eagle Golf Club is the perfect venue for your wedding. Whether you have 100ppl or 300ppl, they will accomodate your wedding and wont charge you a food & beverage minimum. I especially liked that they only permit one wedding to be held per evening. The staff is exceptional and very accomodating. I would recommend this venue to any bride.
We used White Eagle Golf Club for our wedding reception. It was a pleasure to work with them. We met with them multiple times including a food tasting. Every time they listened to our thoughts and had great suggestions. Lillian (the coordinator) was great! She returned my phone calls and emails very quickly and was very thorough and accommodating. I always knew what was going on with the schedule and any reception costs. The day of the wedding I had no worries whatsoever about how the reception would be. The staff during the reception were always available and checking on us. We never felt like we needed to track them down and they were quick to respond. When a glass broke on the dance floor, it was all cleaned up within 3 minutes and the dancing continued. The staff was so friendly and did a great job of making it a special night. The hall is gorgeous and is on a golf course. Your wedding is the only wedding there that night and the space is perfect. Giant mirrors are behind the head table and look so nice in pictures. The dance floor is very large and we had plenty of space (we had 150 guests). They also have 2 bars open so nobody had to wait too long. I would HIGHLY recommend White Eagle to anybody looking for a reception hall in Naperville.
White Eagle was so amazing to work with. They provided everything above and beyond my expectations. They bent over backwards to make sure that my Wedding was the most special day. We have had so many great compliments from our guests about the food and service that was provided. All of our guests were very impressed with everything.
We selected White Eagle to host our reception (but they do offer ceremony options on site) and I am glad we went with them. Prior to White Eagle we looked at banquet halls, hotels and a few other places. White Eagle stood out not only for price but beauty. The grounds are gorgeous and they were perfect for our fall wedding. I enjoyed working with Lillian the banquet manager, Paul the club manager and Hugo. Everyone was so helpful. Hugo, the banquet captain, was available all evening to help us with everything. He was absolutely wonderful. The food was excellent, and we received compliments from many people on the food. The best thing about White Eagle is the value. The plates were very affordable and compared to other banquet halls even a better value without having minimums or charges for things not needed. They are also extremely flexible and worked with us on our needs and wants for the reception. Everyone had a great time and I would highly recommend White Eagle for a reception.
Working with the staff at White Eagle was such a great experience and I would recommend them to anyone! Here are some of the things I really liked about this site for a reception
1) Value: When I looked at other sites, there were a lot of things that these others sites charged for that were not additional charges at White Eagle. For example, most places charge extra for valet parking or coat check, but these were included in the packages at White Eagle (and these packages were still less expensive than the other places)
2) Variety: Even though there were a lot of things already included in each package, we had a lot of things to choose from and a lot of options for additional things to add to the package. We chose to stick with the basic white table cloths and no chair covers (which looked beautiful) but could have chosen color linens or chair covers, etc.
3) They only do one event a night: This means you will want to book early if you have a specific date in mind. I liked having our reception be the only event taking place that night - it meant that there were no strangers wandering into our party and we had the staff's full attention.
4) Access to inside and outside: I actually looked into some venues that required you to pay extra to use the outdoor area! White Eagle Golf Club sits on a beautiful pond and golf course. Our wedding was in early June and I really wanted our guests to have the option of enjoying the cool evenings that happen that time of year. Also, my groom and I got some amazing pictures with the pond and golf course in the back. There are tables with umbrellas on the terrace and you have access to it all.
5) The food: You get great food for an amazing price. And you get a lot of food (they do not skimp on it!) - this was important to me because I have been to weddings where I was starving when it was over! We were able to sample everything and were so happy with what we picked.
6) Great discounts offered: If you get married on a Friday, they offer a 15% discount, which was larger than any other place I looked into. Most places offered 5-10% off.
7) It's a beautiful venue. My wedding was really traditional and this venue was perfect for that. From the foyer, to the main ballroom, to the terrace outside, everything was beautiful and well-kept....nothing looked shabby.
8) The staff: all night long, we had the head banquet manager checking in with us to make sure everything was going well. He was personable, professional and really interested in making our day great. Most of my bridesmaids were pregnant at the time and when we got there, their staff insisted on getting us all water and food (cheese, crackers, and fruit) immediately to the room where we were relaxing before the cocktail hour.
9) The bathroom: I know this sounds odd, but their bathrooms were spotless and also had a nice big stall that made it easy to use with my large dress. There was also a private room with a huge mirror in the bathroom that can be used to get ready.
The only drawback was that at times I had a hard time getting a hold of them to ask questions or my voicemails were not returned especially quick. I know my event is just one of many they do so they have a lot of phone calls to return, but there were a few times when I felt like I had to call repeatedly to get an amswer. But, I always did get an answer so that's good.
Lillian at White Eagle was very pleasant and always was patient with us as we were making decisions about the next steps of planning. She worked effortlessly with our planner about arranging the details and always made sure that my husband and I were happy with the process. However, the grounds were beautiful and we received so many compliments on the venue and how amazing our wedding was. Lillian also provided a lot of great referrals to vendors who work exclusively with White Eagle. We were also allowed to bring in vendors who were not exclusive with them as well, and they were flexible in accomodating them.
There were only a few issues that I found with the site, which were: that the materials explaining the payments were a bit outdated and that they had raised their prices. Also, the layout of the facility is a bit spaced out, especially if you plan on having an outdoor wedding like we did. I think more could have been done in directing people to different areas of the venue, as I think a lot of guests got a bit confused as to where to enter for our ceremony and where to go for our cocktail reception. Other than that, great venue!
We loved having our wedding here--since I was planning from another state, it was such a relief to have lovely, helpful professional to work with at the venue. They accommodated all our special requests (creating custom fruit skewers in place of a groomscake, and setting up pairs of tall crystal candlesticks that I had purchased elsewhere at each table). Everything ran smoothly and the view, both inside and through the windows to the outside, was great.
The Artful Baker
The White Eagle Ballroom perfectly accommodates from 100 to 350 comfortably with a distinctive balance of elegance and warmth. Plan your “once in a lifetime” wedding reception, corporate event or special banquet occasion with White Eagle.
Your special event will be complimented by White Eagle’s beautiful grounds and lush, perfectly manicured golf course which offers a breathtaking view.
Celebrate together ...
Your wedding is the reason for so many celebrations, and White Eagle Golf Club offers beautiful settings for every one. Indoors or out, White Eagle Golf Club provides function spaces that have the flexibility to make your events truly unique and truly personal.
View beautiful weddings celebrated at White Eagle