Advice for Choosing the Perfect Wedding Veil
1. A Wedding veil can transform the simplest dress into a stunning Bridal outfit.
2. If you are having a wedding veil then you need to consider its colour, style, length, number of tiers and the material which it’s made from.
3. Try different styles and lengths of wedding veil to find the one that best compliments your outfit.
4. Don’t have a heavily patterned wedding veil with a very ornate dress as one will ‘fight’ with the other.
5. Don’t have a wedding veil that cuts across detail at the back of the dress. Let the Wedding veil finish below the decoration. Silk tulle is sheer enough to allow decoration to show through.
6. If you are petite, don’t have a veil that swamps you such as a high bouffant veil. It will only make you look smaller
7. Think of adding colour, eg. embroidery, to the veil to link in with your bridesmaids and/or bouquet.
8. Remember the Wedding veil is part of the Bridal outfit, not something that is ‘plonked’ on your head as an after thought.
9. If practical, take your veil with you when you have your hair trial. Your hairdresser can help you decide where to place your veil and what size comb is best to secure it.
10. If you are nervous of pressing your veil, ask the store where you bought it if they will steam it a couple of days before the wedding. You can transport it home covered in a pillow case or duvet cover depending on its length.
11. Don’t wear something because you think you should, wear what YOU want.
12. Don’t make a decision about whether to wear a wedding veil or not until you have tried some on with your dress. A long veil can create a wonderful ‘aura’ around you.
13. Don’t forget you can have a veil made to measure just as you can a dress. You can have the exact length and decoration that YOU want.
14. Your guests should say ‘YOU look stunning’ not ‘your outfit looks stunning’.
15. You only wear a Wedding veil once so make the most of it and enjoy it !!
Copyright Ann Guise FCSD 2004 www.annguise.com