Great Spots for Wedding Photos in Los Angeles
Get L.A.'s photo op hot spots here! (community article)
Los Angeles is that happening place of glitz and glamour; a laid-back but vibrant land of romance and showmanship. It is hard for a couple to not have the right venue for their wedding photos here. There are hundreds of possibilities, from ritzy hotel ballrooms to serene beach scenes. But, most venues in and around L.A. are pricey compared to the rest of the U.S., so choose with cost in mind. And make sure that planning is done well in advance. Here are some recommended sites that have been popular for the past decade:
Somewhat on the modest end, with flexibility with arrangement and set-up;
· Pasadena City Hall, 100 N. Garfield. 1925 architecture, unique and picturesque. Attractive courtyard and fountain, ideal for uninterrupted photo shots;
· Centennial Heritage Museum, 3101 W. Harvard St. Gazebo, fountain, rose garden and expansive grounds. You can do your own set-up, with tents, DJ and your own floral and table arrangements, as well as your own licensed bartender. Or they will cater part or all. Can accommodate up to 1500 guests;
· El Palmar Hall, 4989 Huntington Dr. Simple atmosphere of large banquet hall. You can do most of the work or have El Palmar arrange every detail;
· Las Trancas Banquet Halls, 5351 Atlantic Blvd., Maywood, Ca. Authentic Mexican ambiance and ample food choice. Beautiful patio and gracious personnel make for a comfortable, pleasant wedding reception and great photo shoots;
· Natural History Museum of L.A., 900 Exposition Blvd. This ‘out-of-this-world’ museum offers an unusual venue. Your photos will engage viewers as they see you surrounded by various flora and fauna, as well as 33 million items from pre-historic times and surprising displays of gigantic size. The Museum can help arrange some photo shoots;
· L.A. County Department of Beaches and Harbors. Get in touch with them to find out about permits, wedding receptions and photo opportunities. Their authority oversees the breathtaking areas from Nicholas Canyon, down to Santa Monica and Redonda. You must have insurance and there are additional costs for vendors. Costs are essentially up to you.
Somewhat more expensive venues:
· Il Cielo, 9018 Burton Way, Beverly Hills. You and your guests, as well as your photographer, will be delighted with this country cottage atmosphere. Outside dining, a rich garden and fountain, and a retractable roof, along with a romantic-setting restaurant, will please everyone;
· Calabasas Inn, 23500 Park Sorrento, Calabasas. Very popular wedding venue; can accommodate 280 guests. Impressive garden and waterfall, easy in-out access, make this site a memorable place;
· The Victorian, 2640 Main St., Santa Monica. Authentic clapboard house, one block from the beach. Very inviting and picturesque.
· Wilson Creek Winery and Vineyard, 35960 Rancho California Rd., Temecula. Large reception hall. The sight and smells of wine barrels give off an old European flavor. If you are into wine, this is your place, and a gallery of singular photos can be yours;
· Franklin Canyon Park, 2600 Franklin Canyon. Center of the city. Large auditorium, opening to a courtyard. Outdoors, magnificent oak trees, amphitheater and picnic areas near the lake. A ‘can’t miss’ array of photo opportunities here.
Upscale and pricey:
· Shutters on the Beach, 1 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica. With a price of $485/person and up, you expect the top of the line, and you get it here. Exclusivity on the boardwalk, on the beaches and on the posh patio and recreation area. Your guests will be impressed and your photographer will be really busy;
· Luxe Hotel, 11461 Sunset Blvd. 4500 square foot ballroom and Event Garden, with olive trees and Mediterranean ambiance. Seamless flow inside/outside. Accommodates 1500 guests. Better have two photographers clicking away;
· Raffles l’Hermitage, 9291 Burton Way. Two rooftops to choose from, with views of Beverly Hills and Los Angeles skyline. 120 very happy guests permitted;
· Beverly Wilshire, 9500 Wilshire Blvd. This venue oozes style and money. Nostalgic movie décor, luxurious trappings, near unparalleled Rodeo Drive. Photographers love this place;
The above is but a small nibble of the samplings of the feast that awaits a couple choosing a wedding venue and great photos in Los Angeles.