Sailor Knot Boutonnieres
This is the perfect match for a nautical-themed wedding! (expert advice)
We love this for a nautical wedding, this summer or for a groom who would like a boutonniere that will not quickly fade away. The figure eight sailor knot has a special meaning to wedding ceremonies as it is created (much like your vows) to not break under pressure and to withstand time securely.
1) One roll of thick crafting rope
2) Floral wire
1) Cut your rope into a 15-inch long line.
2) Double the rope over as you will be working with a folded rope for the knot.
3) Here is an easy tutorial on tying this special figure eight knot. Follow the steps and practice as many times as you need.
4) You will want to tie your final knot directly in the center of your doubled rope.
5) Once the knot is tied, cut off the end portions to leave unfinished bottom.
6) Combine the bottom ropes together and secure tightly with floral wire.
7) Leave as is for a nautical look or finish off with a ribbon for a more finished appearance.
Project design by Victoria Hudgins, Photography by Carly Taylor