Ten Favorite Bridal Shower Themes
From lingerie love to kitchen finds, find out which bridal shower themes reign supreme! (expert advice)
Need a little inspiration as you plan your best friend's bridal shower? Mindy Weiss' outstanding guide, The Wedding Book, covers all of your bridal bases!
Among some of their great shower tips:
~Only invite those who will be invited to the wedding!
~Each wedding guest should only be invited to one shower!
~Co-ed showers are mostly held during the weekend evenings, while women-only showers usually take place in the afternoon.
Here are their top ten shower themes:
1. Alphabet Shower: Every guest is assigned a letter of the alphabet
and asked to bring a gift that starts with that letter.
2. Around-the-Clock Shower: Guests are assigned a time of day and asked to bring a corresponding gift. Eight in the morning might elicit egg cups or juice glasses; 11 P.M. might mean a nightie.
3. Around-the-House Shower: Each guest is assigned a room and brings a gift for it. The living room might prompt a throw for the couch, while the bathroom might get you his-and hers bathrobes.
4. Holiday Shower: Not a good shower for basics, but a festive option if you're having multiple showers. Everyone is given a holiday and chooses a gift in keeping with the day.
5. Kitchen Shower: Guests are asked to bring a gift to help outfit the kitchen.
That could mean simple gifts like a set of dishtowels or a lemon zester, or a more elaborate pick like a mixer.
6. Lingerie Shower: Another perennial favorite, the lingerie shower is ideal as a second shower. Let the host know key sizes in case guests ask for guidance.
7. Recipe Shower: Guests are asked to bring a favorite recipe and the key kitchen tools needed to make it.
8. Stock-the-Bar Shower: A popular option at couples' showers. Guests help fully outfit a bar.
9. Home Improvement Shower: Also popular for couples' showers, this theme allows the couple to get all the screwdrivers, drills, flashlights, ladders, and other gear they'll need around the house.
10. Gadget Shower: Guests are asked to bring a gadget that changed their lives for the better.
Photos by Union Photography